We are now accepting entries for the Syntec Top Car Challenge. We WILL be picking a reader's car for the challenge. If you feel like your car has what it takes to kill the competition, you need to let us know. You could win $10,000. The site is now up and ready to take your submissions.
Tests will include:
• Lap Times: Teams compete for the single fastest lap time during a 20 minute session on the road course.
• ¼ Mile Time: Cars compete for quickest ending times, best of 3 runs.
• ¼ Trap Speed: Cars compete for fastest trap speed, best of 3 runs
• Horsepower: Using a dyno, cars will be tested to find who has the highest peak horsepower. Teams will be limited to 3 runs.
• Power to Weight: Cars will be weighed at the dyno to calculate who has the best ratio.
• Emissions: Vehicles will be tested with a 5 gas automobile emissions analyzer.
• Acceleration: 0-60mph using a radar gun.
• Braking: 80-0mph using a radar gun.
• Endurance: Cars will have to test out their endurance in the brutal test of Los Angeles traffic by driving to the track in the middle of rush hour traffic.
• Vehicle Cost: Scores will be based on the current used car value.